As an Enrolled Agent and Certified Public Accountant, Shanikwa can help you resolve your outstanding tax issues, resolve notice inquiries and represent you during a federal or state audit.
Why should I seek representation?
- An examination or tax audit can be a stressful and intimidating process.
- Hire someone who is more knowledgeable in taxation. We are aware of your rights and can negotiate terms on your behalf. In some cases, penalties can be removed. Representation can save money.
- An appointment of an authorized individual is a good idea if you are traveling out of the country and need someone to represent you.
- As your representative, we provide recommendations to reduce future inquiries and minimize tax exposure.
How much will representation cost?
It depends. We take a number of factors into consideration. However, we typically charge a proposed flat rate based on our experience. We find a flat rate helps you plan and determine your representation costs to resolve your tax examination.
If you have questions regarding our hourly rate options, please contact us.
If you are interested in moving forward, please contact us at 508.203.1676.
We will need the following:
- A valid email, your phone number and current mailing address
- A copy of all notices and correspondences received. (including closing letters other audits for same period).
- A copy of returns filed for respective periods under review.
- A copy of documents used to prepare respective filings.
- Conflict of Interest Waiver or Consent to Disclose Tax Information – signed by both taxpayer and spouse.
- Optional, we may need to schedule a phone appointment or in person meeting to discuss engagement.
You will receive 3 seperate emails:
- DocuSign – An engagement letter, outlining the terms of our agreement, scope of services, our expectations and related fees, is uploaded for your signature (and spouse, if applicable).
- Sharefile– We will use this secure site to share confidential information and supporting documents.
- Square Invoice – Retainer (or respective fee) is due upon acceptance of engagement. You may mail payment to our office or pay in the invoice link directly.
We will upload a Form 2848, Power of Attorney (ie. POA) or respective State Authorization to your Intuit Link for signature.
A Power of Attorney is usually required for each person on the return (not dependents). (For example, a separate form is required for the taxpayer and the spouse, if return filed jointly).
This form gives us consent to speak with the tax authorities on your behalf. After the terms are met, we will be the main point of contact between you and the respective agent or tax authorities. You should only receive copies of notices regarding your tax account.
If the agent is still contacting you via phone, please let us know immediately.
To accommodate your audit/review needs, we are available outside of our normal summer hours. If you need an appointment outside of our available time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, feel free to schedule your appointment based on your availability.
*appointment times are subject to approval**